Bayou Classic @ Overstock.com

Share a deal or a steal you found with your BeerBorg buddies!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Dawg LB Steve
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Bayou Classic @ Overstock.com

Post by Dawg LB Steve »

Was in the market to upgrade my stuff to do 10 gal. batches, went onto overstock.com found Item #: 13812861 185,000 BTU Bayou Classic Burner $46.01, normally $94.57 and Item #: 13497285 53 quart (13.25 gal) SS Stock Pot, w/lid and steamer basket for $111. I do forget at times to check them out for different items.
:clink:
MONTUCKY BREWING
Currently brewing:

Next Up?
Kolsch?
Ginger Beer?
Traveling Red?
Yazoo Gerst Clone?
Peanut Butter Porter?

Currently Conditioning:
Cherry Mead
California Moscato

Currently enjoying:
Hardly Apple Cider on tap
Hardly Cherry Lime-Aid on tap
Oktoberfestive-Ale on tap
PGA Cider (Pear, Ginger, Apple) on tap 3rd Founders Cup 2016 King Of The Mountain on tap
Bottoms Up Brown on tap GOLD 2016 Ohio Brew Week Silver 2016 Ohio State Fair Silver 2016 Son of Brewzilla, Silver 2015 Son of Brewzilla, Bronze 2015 King Of The Mountain on tap
NITWIT BELGIAN STRONG ALE Banjo-Dawg RCE bottled
DAWG LB PALE ALE bottled
CITRA SLAPPED AMBER ALE bottle
MO FREEDOM SMaSH bottle
HOP TO IT IMPERIAL IPA bottle

Medal Count
Gold 3
Silver 5
Bronze 5
Actively brewing since December 2013
MadBrewer
Braumeister
Braumeister

Re: Bayou Classic @ Overstock.com

Post by MadBrewer »

I bought a S/S Bayou Classic 9 Gal Pot for my kettle. I installed a ball valve on it and have been using it for almost a year now. No problems, not as shiny as it was new but it's held up great and I highly recommend it. It's a solid pot. I bought mine on Amazon with the steamer basket which is useless unless you plan on doing more than brewing beer with it. You might be able to find the pot cheaper without it unless you want the basket. Either way I think you will love it if you get it. I can't comment on the burner though.
Brew Strong My Friends...
Crazy Climber
Brew Master
Brew Master

Re: Bayou Classic @ Overstock.com

Post by Crazy Climber »

Interestingly, Amazon.com has the exact same burner, for the exact same price. Not a coincidence, I'm guessing.
Crazy Climber:
I'm not particularly crazy (IMO), and I don't rock-climb. It's just the name of a video game I used to like to play, back in the 80's.