Oh RickBeer!!! I need you....

The information and announcements you need to know about the BeerBorg community.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Oh RickBeer!!! I need you....

Post by Brewbirds »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No but seriously is this my PC or the forum:

For the last few days when I move from one thread to the next on here there is a delay and at the bottom left of the screen is a message "connecting" to beerborg.com and the refresh (?) symbol is circling very slowly on the Google Bar.

I emptied my recycle bin and cleared my browser but it still happens.

It doesn't do it every time I go from one thread to the next, maybe every third mouse click or so. Other times I get "waiting for" beerborg.com but the refresh symbol doesn't circle for that.
Sibling Brewers
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Oh RickBeer!!! I need you....

Post by RickBeer »

I believe you have "BirdItis". This is when a Twit (go Google it, it's a bird) uses the computer improperly and breaks it...

Emptying your Recycle Bin would do nothing. I don't know what you cleared on your browser, but here's the way to see what it might be.

Go to 5 different sites and navigate around. If the problem happens on most/all of the sites, it could be your computer or your internet connection. If it happens on just this site, well, then it's likely this site.

Let us know (yes, we are dying to know)... :laugh
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Might just be weather related. In the Texas area, there were lots of lines down so maybe the rerouting is slowing things down.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
LouieMacGoo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LouieMacGoo »

Beer-lord wrote:Might just be weather related. In the Texas area, there were lots of lines down so maybe the rerouting is slowing things down.
This could very well be! I have check the throughput on the host and I've run some performance tests on the site and all seems to be running smoothly.

You might also try deleting the "Board Cookies" by clicking on the link at the very bottom right of the forum here. They sometimes get corupted and deleting them can help get things running smoothly again.
Worrying can spoil the taste of beer more then anything else! ~ Charles Papazian

Find out more about Yeast, Hops, Grains and Cleaning & Sanitizing
Whats Brewing

Fermenting:

#40 - Citra-Nilla Cream Ale IPA - Brewed:9/20/15

Conditioning:
#39 - Dead Fly IPA - Brewed: 8/29/15 Bottled: 9/27/15
#38 - Apricot Hefeweizen (Colab w/Adam at SOL)- Brewed: 8/8/15

Drinking
#36 - Summer Wheat: Oberon Clone - Brewed: 7/11/15
#37 - Hickory Bourbon Honey Porter - Brewed: 7/18/15
#33 - Younger No. 1 Scottish Strong Ale - Brewed: 3/29/15
#28 - Hard Mulled Cider, Brewed 10/11/14 Kegged
#29 - Strawberry Lime Cider, Brewed/10/19/14 Kegged

Gone
#34 - Second Runnings IPA - Brewed: 3/29/15
#32 - Harvest Nugget Smash v2 (TBD) Brewed 11/27/14
#35 - Columbus Pale Ale - Brewed: 5/02/15
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

LouieMacGoo wrote:
Beer-lord wrote:Might just be weather related. In the Texas area, there were lots of lines down so maybe the rerouting is slowing things down.
This could very well be! I have check the throughput on the host and I've run some performance tests on the site and all seems to be running smoothly.

You might also try deleting the "Board Cookies" by clicking on the link at the very bottom right of the forum here. They sometimes get corupted and deleting them can help get things running smoothly again.
What do I lose if I delete board cookies? I thought I needed board cookies, but the reason I tease RB is because he knows I'm clueless about this stuff.

After RB's post I did go around to internet sites and some forums (with no log in/registration) and it didn't happen on those.

BB2 says my speed is less than it should be but our connection is okay.

Mostly just wondering if it (having to reconnect while in the forum) was happening to anyone else and if this is a bad thing.
Sibling Brewers
jimjohson
Brewer of the Month
Brewer of the Month

Post by jimjohson »

you don't lose anything from your POV(like any saved links). you'll just have to sign back in. I did it just to find out what it did
"Filled with mingled cream and amber
I will drain that glass again.
Such hilarious visions clamber
Through the chambers of my brain
-- Quaintest thoughts -- Queerest fancies
Come to life and fade away;
Who cares how time advances?
I am drinking ale today."

Edgar Allan Poe
haerbob3
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by haerbob3 »

Birdie when was the last time you cleaned out all of your junk files, ran scans, deleted your cookies etc?? My wife doesn't do these things and complains that the net is sooooooooooooo slooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! Also she will have 20 or more tabs open!!!! GEE!!! Hon I don't know why :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
im Leben Geduld ist eine Tugend
in Brau-es ist eine Anforderung

in life patience is a virtue
in brewing it is a requirement

You are stronger than you think you are!!!!
~~Andy Wesley 1973 -- 2013
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

I'm trying REAL HARD to not reply to the header of this thread.... REAL HARD..........
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

FrozenInTime wrote:I'm trying REAL HARD to not reply to the header of this thread.... REAL HARD..........
You can have her... :lol:
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Brewbirds
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Brewbirds »

RickBeer wrote:
FrozenInTime wrote:I'm trying REAL HARD to not reply to the header of this thread.... REAL HARD..........
You can have her... :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Feel free to jump right in here and have at it FIT I have a hard shell. Just don't upset the moderators. :whistle:

@HB3 I wasn't as much about being slow as that it was trying to "reconnect" while I was logged in and moving from one thread to another.

I'll check on the junk files and cookies.

Thanks everyone, sorry I keep leaving so many droppings on the tech threads. :redface: :D
Sibling Brewers
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

If the only thing that's slow is this forum (and not the user...), then don't spend time worrying about anything, just delete the forum cookies to start with. General issues affect all sites, not a specific one.

Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone