Assimilated

Trying to figure out what equipment you need to get for your next brew? Have something cool to share? Do it here!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

BrewDemon
Corp. Supporter
Corp. Supporter

Assimilated

Post by BrewDemon »

One customer took things into his own hands.
Attachments
20130826_183105-sm.jpg
20130826_183105-sm.jpg (167.49 KiB) Viewed 972 times
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Re: Assimilated

Post by FrozenInTime »

Sweet!
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
philm00x

Post by philm00x »

Saw that on the bookface. Awesome modification!
Official page of Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.

Up Next
Koning Oranje

Currently at Mr. Rufus Brewing Co.
Fermenting
Nothing :(
Conditioning
Nothing :(
Drinking
58. Choco Brown
60. Etcitra, Etcitra
61. Bubs' Pale Wheat Xtra
62. Ottoberfest
Brew Queue
ROAR! Bacon
Bombay
Saint Sebastian Tripel
Bubs' Pale Ale

BrewDemon
Corp. Supporter
Corp. Supporter

Post by BrewDemon »

The guy that did this is not a BB member (yet)…but I'm working on him.
brewin bull
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by brewin bull »

BrewDemon wrote:…but I'm working on him.
Oh boy...
Carcharodon Brewing
wollffy
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by wollffy »

BrewDemon wrote:The guy that did this is not a BB member (yet)…but I'm working on him.
What are your fellings on his mods?
Funky Skunk Brewing
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Funky Skunk Brewing »

Yes sir, nice modification. Any thought into doing something similar to the BrewDemon in the future with any mods such as this? Just curious is all really. I bought my step dad a BrewDemon kit for Christmas to get him into brewing on his own pace. He loved my set up just doesn't want to brew on that level obviously. Looking forward to seeing his reaction on it when he opens it tomorrow :D
Eddie Garrison
Funky Skunk Brewing
Making Every Ounce Count
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Funky Skunk Brewing wrote:Yes sir, nice modification. Any thought into doing something similar to the BrewDemon in the future with any mods such as this? Just curious is all really. I bought my step dad a BrewDemon kit for Christmas to get him into brewing on his own pace. He loved my set up just doesn't want to brew on that level obviously. Looking forward to seeing his reaction on it when he opens it tomorrow :D
I might do it with mine but I'll put it on taller legs and put a bigger valve in the bottom if I do.

But to be honest, I've not done it yet because everything I've brewed so far has really worked out perfectly as is. The trub settles below the spigot and everything pours much cleaner out of it then it did in my LBK without a cold crash.

The main reason I'd do it is if I was going to brew a lager or some other beer I'd want to leave in there longer then say 5-6 weeks, then I could dump the trub and not bother with a secondary.
Funky Skunk Brewing
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by Funky Skunk Brewing »

mashani wrote:
Funky Skunk Brewing wrote:Yes sir, nice modification. Any thought into doing something similar to the BrewDemon in the future with any mods such as this? Just curious is all really. I bought my step dad a BrewDemon kit for Christmas to get him into brewing on his own pace. He loved my set up just doesn't want to brew on that level obviously. Looking forward to seeing his reaction on it when he opens it tomorrow :D
I might do it with mine but I'll put it on taller legs and put a bigger valve in the bottom if I do.

But to be honest, I've not done it yet because everything I've brewed so far has really worked out perfectly as is. The trub settles below the spigot and everything pours much cleaner out of it then it did in my LBK without a cold crash.

The main reason I'd do it is if I was going to brew a lager or some other beer I'd want to leave in there longer then say 5-6 weeks, then I could dump the trub and not bother with a secondary.
Sounds good.

I like the idea of longer legs just in general on it anyway. I may customize it for my step dad before he leaves to head home after the holidays. I'm thinking about picking one up to do some test batches in. I like the overall design and ease of the conical fermenter from other small batch brew kits. May even brew up some Brew Demon recipes in it as well. Hmmm, may have to get two now :jumpy:
Eddie Garrison
Funky Skunk Brewing
Making Every Ounce Count
wollffy
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by wollffy »

Now I'm anxious! :jumpy:
wollffy
Brew Fool
Brew Fool

Post by wollffy »

mashani wrote:

That is what is very appealing. The fact that an experienced brewer like yourself finds no need to modify at the moment. I am just eager about learning to produce my own yeast at some point so I think that mod could be useful. But what do I know.