BrewDemon - Mr. Beer Beach Babe Blonde mod

Recipes based on BrewDemon Extracts and refills.

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

ssorck
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

BrewDemon - Mr. Beer Beach Babe Blonde mod

Post by ssorck »

I am just starting to crack this Mr. Beer recipe and finding that I love it! So much so that I am thinking of doing a 5 (or so) gallon batch for the old annual XMas party, something a tad different for the BMC crowd. Also doing 5 gallons of a BMC clone.

So the Mr. Beer recipe is:

1 can Canadian Blonde
1 Booster
Juice and zest of 2 small limes (I used zest of 2, juice of 1).

So I'm thinking roughly doubling this to do 5 gallons or so but using BrewDemon instead. I'm gonna tone the lime down just a tad as well.

I'm thinking:

2 cans American Prophecy Ale
3 lbs LME
Zest of 3 small limes, juice from 1
Maybe toss in a bag of booster to get rid of it

Thoughts?
dad2all5
Freshly Brewed
Freshly Brewed

Re: BrewDemon - Mr. Beer Beach Babe Blonde mod

Post by dad2all5 »

I would leave the booster out, but other than that looks good to me. Save the booster for another batch.
BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT. (THE CHILDREN NEED POSITIVE ROLE MODELS) HAVE YOU CHANGED TODAY?
RickBeer
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by RickBeer »

I suggest you use a program like QBrew to compare those two recipes. For the Mr. Beer recipe, you had 1.87 lbs of HME and .78 lbs of booster. So, for a 5 gallon batch that would be 3.75 lbs of HME and 1.56 lbs of booster. For the Brewdemon recipe, you're using 2.42 lbs of HME and 3lbs of booster.

Assuming that Canadian Blonde and American Prophecy were the same profile, you still are going to get a totally different result. Using QBrew you at least can see what it might look like.
I have over 9,000 posts on "another forum", which means absolutely nothing. Mr. Beer January 2014 Brewer of the Month with all the pomp and circumstance that comes with it...

Certificate in Brewing and Distillation Technology

Sites to find beer making supplies: Adventures in Homebrewing - Mr. Beer - MoreBeer
My Beer - click to reveal
Currently using 6 LBKs.

Beers I regularly brew:
Bell's Best Brown clone
Irish Hills Red - I call this "Ann Arbor Red"
Mackinac Island Red - I call this "Michigan Red"
Oatmeal Stout - I call this Not Fat, Stout - Oatmeal Stout

Bottled 5 gallons of Ann Arbor Red on 4/18/17. Bottled 5 gallons of Michigan Red on 5/8/17.

Brewed in 2017 - 22.13 gallons (19.91 in 2012, 48.06 in 2013, 61.39 in 2014, 84.26 in 2015,46.39 in 2016)
Brewed in lifetime - 282.14 gallons
Drinkable beer on hand -  13.58 cases, with 6.11 cases ready in May and early June.
Average cost per 12 pack through all beer brewed - $6.27(ingredients only)
monsteroyd
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by monsteroyd »

I do a recipe similar to that that my wife loves:

1 MB Aztec 850G HME
1 MB Pale 250G LME pack
1 booster
zest and juice from 3 limes. (she loves the lime, and will put in more lime slices)

Turns out wonderful, and I get close to 6% abv.

I just did this with a BD 550g LME instead of the MB LME pack. Still added the Booster. Unlike many, I don't mind the booster. It's 'corn solids' which is just dextrose (glucose) and maltodextrin and I always cover it with some extra lme. The maltodextrin makes the beer feel thicker in your mouth.

Monty
ssorck
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by ssorck »

Change of plans on this one, I forgot that I still had one can of MB Canadian Blonde, and when I inventoried my stuff I ahead a second can as part of a Girls and Boysenberries recipe.

I liked the one I did with the booster and I have a few bags so I'm now planning on doing 2 LBK batches of your recipe Monty, except swapping the Aztec for Canadian will use zest of 2 limes.

I'll figure out what to do with the cans of CAL and boysenberries from the recipe down the road...