Strawberry Wine.

Share your wine making recipes and thoughts here!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Strawberry Wine.

Post by berryman »

I have made wine for many years before brewing beer, eventhough I like beer way better, I still make wine. Doing a strawberry again this year. Made the must 2 days ago with 16 lbs berries, today strained it and added 10 lb sugar, acid blend, yeast and netrients. Have it in a pail with open ferment. I have done it both ways, open and in a carboy to start but in a carboy gets so much sludge. Will leave it a week or so and take a reading then rack. It should cut down of atleast one racking. The reason I was secondary beer was because how we always made wine. I just about never do it with beer anymore but need to with wine and oxidation isn’t a big problem on wine or is a lesser amount.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Strawberry Wine.

Post by John Sand »

Cool. Where do you source your berries? Long Island strawberries were excellent this year, I made a pie.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

I made a strawberry-pear recently, can't wait for it to condition out. Sampled when bottled, tasted good. If I like how it turns out, next season I may do alot but most of this years crop, and it was heavy, went towards pies with rhubarb. Bumper crop with rhubarb also.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

John Sand wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:30 am Cool. Where do you source your berries? Long Island strawberries were excellent this year, I made a pie.
We grow our own, we were doing it commercially for a lot of years, now we just have enough for our own use. Is why I go by Berryman :)
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
dbrowning
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by dbrowning »

AlexRobbinson wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:05 pm Strawberry wine sounds interesting, but I don't drink alcohol. If you're looking for a non-alcoholic alternative to strawberry wine, you may want to consider trying kava. Unlike alcohol, kava is non-addictive and does not impair cognitive function, making it a great alternative for those who do not drink alcohol. At bestkavabar.com, you can find information on how to prepare and drink kava, as well as a variety of kava recipes and flavors to choose from. Whether you prefer a sweet or savory taste, there's a kava recipe for everyone.

SPAM
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Thanks, I took care of it.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops