What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Re: What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Post by bpgreen »

I think it was originally supposed to be an IPA, but the hops are pretty muted now.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Think I will brew a Dunkelweizen tomorrow. Would of have maybe used hef yeast but don’t have any so will use wb-06 that I have.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Brewed up 5G of a session IPA yesterday and it's chugging away nicely right now.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

mashani wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:14 pm I brewed a straight up patersbier, just pislner, saaz, and Abbaye yeast. (Belgian SMASH session beer more or less).
Bottled this. Still pondering what to make next. Maybe a hoppy psuedu-saison.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Brewed a 6 gallon batch of hoppy saison with 5# pils, 5# pale, 1#flaked oats, a bag of 5L candi syrup, 1# of very light Viking crystal malt (it may as well be carafoam as far as color, but has more sweetness), and 2oz each of Cashmere and Wakatu hops, all of them effectively "whirlpooled", nothing in the boil, will use Bella Saison, which is why I threw in the oats and crystal, since it's going to ferment out stupid dry and I wanted something to play against the lime & tropical stuff besides "dry", and wanted it to have some bit of mouthfeel.
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

I haven't brewed in a long time. I've got lots of grains and lots of hops.

I should schedule a rest day and brew.
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Kegged a Dunkelweizen today, sample tasted good.
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

This morning I brewed another of the 5G Beer. Simply Beer recipes from Midwest Supplies. This one is an American Wheat and then day or so before bottling, I'm going to add some crystalized Mango flavoring. We'll see how that turns out.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Just starting the boil session on a Munich Helles. Did the steps, although not required with the modern modified grains of today but, I enjoy doing it. Seriously, I do believe it adds more depth/flavor to the beer. I've done this same recipe as a straight ale, it's ok but, having done the step, I can tell a difference. It will ferment out at ~54 degrees, picked up a new but small chest freezer for this. Carboy barely fits, it sure is small but it will do the job. :-)
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

FrozenInTime wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:31 pm Just starting the boil session on a Munich Helles. It will ferment out at ~54 degrees,
FIT, what you using for yeast on this one?
Happy Hound Brewery

― Thomas A. Edison
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

w34-70. It's what I had on hand so it's not exactly German specks but close enough ya can't tell the difference me thunks.

Just finished and hit 1.051, I had figured it to 1.047.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

TonyKZ1 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:58 am This morning I brewed another of the 5G Beer. Simply Beer recipes from Midwest Supplies. This one is an American Wheat and then day or so before bottling, I'm going to add some crystalized Mango flavoring. We'll see how that turns out.
I've brewed several beer simply beer kits. I've modified stone send brewed some add its. I've always been happy eit the results.
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Yeah, I like them too. The beer almost always turns out fine and tastes like Beer! The recipes are affordable and sometimes you can catch them on sale even.
This morning I brewed a Simply Beer Brown Ale, I've brewed this before and it turned out pretty good.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

mashani wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:24 pm Brewed a 6 gallon batch of hoppy saison with 5# pils, 5# pale, 1#flaked oats, a bag of 5L candi syrup, 1# of very light Viking crystal malt (it may as well be carafoam as far as color, but has more sweetness), and 2oz each of Cashmere and Wakatu hops, all of them effectively "whirlpooled", nothing in the boil, will use Bella Saison, which is why I threw in the oats and crystal, since it's going to ferment out stupid dry and I wanted something to play against the lime & tropical stuff besides "dry", and wanted it to have some bit of mouthfeel.
I bottled this. As usually Bella fermented the crap out of it, that stuff can eat anything. 0.997 FG.
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

mashani wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:01 am
mashani wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:24 pm Brewed a 6 gallon batch of hoppy saison with 5# pils, 5# pale, 1#flaked oats, a bag of 5L candi syrup, 1# of very light Viking crystal malt (it may as well be carafoam as far as color, but has more sweetness), and 2oz each of Cashmere and Wakatu hops, all of them effectively "whirlpooled", nothing in the boil, will use Bella Saison, which is why I threw in the oats and crystal, since it's going to ferment out stupid dry and I wanted something to play against the lime & tropical stuff besides "dry", and wanted it to have some bit of mouthfeel.
I bottled this. As usually Bella fermented the crap out of it, that stuff can eat anything. 0.997 FG.
.997? Wow.