Mash & Boil for $199 or $259 (without or with pump)

Share a deal or a steal you found with your BeerBorg buddies!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Re: Mash & Boil for $199 or $259 (without or with pump)

Post by berryman »

mashani wrote:So after more then 2 years I finally had to replace the gasket between the spigot and the inner wall of the Mash & Boil as my old one failed and it was starting to drip out from the spigot a bit. First thing I've really had to fiddle with.
Dave, I have had mine apart a few times to check and clean the spigot, but haven't had it leak yet. Where did you get the replacement parts, might be a good thing to have on hand if needed?
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Beer-lord wrote:Off topic---while listening to a podcast recently, they did a poll (not scientific mind you) and 60% of the respondents said they used some sort of electric brewing equipment. Another 20% said they were thinking about it. They asked a few questions about it and it seems there's a lot of new brewers going electric much faster or for their first brew due to the quantity of options in the E-brewing world.
BL, I will say this, I was starting to get a little board with my old way of brewing, then I broke my big mouth glass fermenter and cut my hands up. I was just retired from my main job and wanted to do something different. I bought the M&B, a Ss brewtec fermenter and went to kegging, took me to a whole new level. I totally love brewing now, along with electric pellet BBQing.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

berryman wrote:
mashani wrote:So after more then 2 years I finally had to replace the gasket between the spigot and the inner wall of the Mash & Boil as my old one failed and it was starting to drip out from the spigot a bit. First thing I've really had to fiddle with.
Dave, I have had mine apart a few times to check and clean the spigot, but haven't had it leak yet. Where did you get the replacement parts, might be a good thing to have on hand if needed?
I apparently just didn't crank it down tight enough. I am too used to plastic fermenters where cranking it down too much is bad. It the case of this, not so bad.

Williams Brewing sells all sorts of replacement parts for Mash & Boils. Washers, nuts, gaskets, spigots, electronic bits, you name it. See this link, note there is a 2nd page of stuff too.

https://www.williamsbrewing.com/Home-Br ... /Mash-Boil
The_Professor
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by The_Professor »

Good link mashani.