What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Re: What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Post by FrozenInTime »

Weighed out/crushed my grains/hopes for a wheat brew today. Was going to brew it but my better half wanted the kitchen for baking. I said I'll wait..... she makes great cookies! I'll brew on the morrow if she's not.... baking..... again sat. All I have left is some ass kicking cider and half a case of an IPA. I also have a batch of lager now chilling down to 35 degrees so I can keg. Hate being behind in brewing.... can only drink so much single batch.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Brewed an APA from Modern Homebrew Recipes, calling it Don't Panic.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Brewed up the beer I've brewed the most, Men in Black-Black IPA. The ph was lower than I'd like so I had to raise it a bit but it seemed fine going into the fermenter.
I can't wait for fall. I started at 7 am and the heat just about drained all my energy out of this old body!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

Working from home does have its advantages - like dry hopping in the morning.
I Just hit my Strata IPA with 4oz of Strata & 2oz of Simcoe. I'll let that sit for 3 days and then start the cold crash.
Disasterdave

Post by Disasterdave »

Yesterday Bottled Zombie Dirt, looked good going in, can't wait tot try it in 2 weeks.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I'm doing an experiment with commercial (BMC) like technique but not in a BMC like beer. One of the things they sometimes do is brew a higher gravity extra bitter wort and then dilute it at fermentation time. It allows more volume using less energy, so it saves them a lot of money on electricity or gas or whatever they use on the hot side. I used to do this with extract beers to get more volume out of my limited stovetop capacity and never had issues, so I figured why not do it AG, if it's good for the big guys, then it should be good for me right?

So I brewed an extra strong Burton Pale Ale that will end up as 6.5 gallons of wort that is too bitter and too strong to be a Burton Pale Ale.

I'm going to dilute it across 3 fermenters with 2 gallons of extra water tomorrow.

So it will end up as 8 gallons or so of bottled Burton Pale Ale that should not be too strong and too bitter.
Last edited by mashani on Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Sunday I kegged my Men in Black IPA. It was done but I kegged it early in case the power went out and I wanted to get it sealed and safe. Man I love this recipe!
Got 4 beers on tap but one is about to go belly up!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

I’m brewing a Czech Amber Lager today. Should be a good fall beer to have around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I bottled this. Tasted great. Got 41 740ML bottles out of it, so that's like 30.34 liters, or 8.01 gallons, so yeah it worked.
mashani wrote:I'm doing an experiment with commercial (BMC) like technique but not in a BMC like beer. One of the things they sometimes do is brew a higher gravity extra bitter wort and then dilute it at fermentation time. It allows more volume using less energy, so it saves them a lot of money on electricity or gas or whatever they use on the hot side. I used to do this with extract beers to get more volume out of my limited stovetop capacity and never had issues, so I figured why not do it AG, if it's good for the big guys, then it should be good for me right?

So I brewed an extra strong Burton Pale Ale that will end up as 6.5 gallons of wort that is too bitter and too strong to be a Burton Pale Ale.

I'm going to dilute it across 3 fermenters with 2 gallons of extra water tomorrow.

So it will end up as 8 gallons or so of bottled Burton Pale Ale that should not be too strong and too bitter.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

I brewed an Oktoberfest like substance, 35% Pilsner, 35% Vienna, 30% Dark Munich, French Aramis hops mostly just bitterig hops, only a small amount at 20 minutes. And I'm gonna use Kolsch yeast, which someone mentioned in another thread, I decided to go for it myself, because I'll actually have beer faster that way.
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

mashani wrote:I brewed an Oktoberfest like substance,
This gave me quite a chuckle. :jumpy: Yes, it will be beer.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
MadBrewer
Braumeister
Braumeister

Post by MadBrewer »

I haven't brewed since back in May when I did Standard American Lager to have ready for Father's Day. We drank most of that up and I haven't had anything on tap since. It's been a busy summer, just wasn't on the top of priorities lately. I do have to say my tastes have changed a bit as well, I have been drinking plenty of regular store bought stuff all summer long. As the seasons are changing I get more of a taste for craft style beers, Amber Ales, Brown Ales, Porters, etc. Hops just aren't doing much for me lately.

Every year at the end of summer I brew a Kolsch and we have a get together. Everyone usually really likes the recipe. After that, I need to get working on an Oktoberfest style beer for a buddy's birthday. He smokes some meat, I bring the beer.
Brew Strong My Friends...
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

Brewed a Oktoberfest today but as an ale with wyeast 2565 Kolsch . I think it will turn out good. I see Mash beat me to it LOL. we will see if it is close enough to be a Oktoberfest but will still be a good Festbier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

berryman wrote:Brewed a Oktoberfest today but as an ale with wyeast 2565 Kolsch . I think it will turn out good. I see Mash beat me to it LOL. we will see if it is close enough to be a Oktoberfest but will still be a good Festbier.
I used the dry Lallemand Kolsch (which is more similar to the White Labs kind), but yeah, I thought you had a good idea!
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

The twins did an 11 gallon brew today. When you're used to BIAB, having to do some dunking and sparging sure takes more time than I'm used to but it was fun.
First time using LupaMax hops but my brew is using Citra and Mosaic LupaMax (dry hops as well) with Imperial A37 POG yeast and the ugly brother has Citra and El Dorado dry hops with Imperial A07 Chico yeast. Aroma in the hop stand was phenomenal!
I'm calling it Intensity in Ten Cities.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black