Traub

Yes BrewDemon and Mr. Beer kits are pretty darn easy but sometime you need a little help from the Borg to get you on the right track. Post your questions here!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Disasterdave

Traub

Post by Disasterdave »

Hi, so made my first batch in Brewdemon, bought it for 2 reasons, 1. Watching the process is fun 2. I liked the idea of bottling from the spigot, less chance for germs. But the Traub is filled up to level with the spigot. I am considering Using the bottling pump set to draw some off and then let it settle as it ferments for its second week. Good idea or bad?

Thanks
DD
BlackDuck

Re: Traub

Post by BlackDuck »

I remember when I used the Mr Beer fermenter I put a couple of CD cases under the fermenter in the front where the spigot is. That allowed the trub to gather towards the back keeping the spigot clear. Not sure if that will work in a Brew Demon or not.

I’m not sure if the pump is a good idea. I’m not really positive how it will work, but if it’s going to add oxygen while your doing it, it’s a bad idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
Disasterdave

Post by Disasterdave »

Ahe good idea, don't own any CD's but I will try that.

Thanks
HerbMeowing
Fully Fermented
Fully Fermented

Post by HerbMeowing »

siphon quietly from the primary fermentor into another fermentor primed with the bottling sugar ... then bottle-up.
avoid making bubbles during the transfer.
Homebrew will get you through times of no money
Better than money will get you through times of no homebrew

- apologies to the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers
Disasterdave

Post by Disasterdave »

BlackDuck wrote:I remember when I used the Mr Beer fermenter I put a couple of CD cases under the fermenter in the front where the spigot is. That allowed the trub to gather towards the back keeping the spigot clear. Not sure if that will work in a Brew Demon or not.

I’m not sure if the pump is a good idea. I’m not really positive how it will work, but if it’s going to add oxygen while your doing it, it’s a bad idea.

So found something to jack up the front legs and it seemed to work! Didn't pump after all, the Traub settled and I bottled today so 2 weeks to see what it tasted like.

Thanks
Disasterdave

Post by Disasterdave »

BlackDuck wrote:I remember when I used the Mr Beer fermenter I put a couple of CD cases under the fermenter in the front where the spigot is. That allowed the trub to gather towards the back keeping the spigot clear. Not sure if that will work in a Brew Demon or not.

So found something to jack up the front legs and it seemed to work! Didn't pump after all, the Traub settled and I bottled today so 2 weeks to see what it tasted like.

Thanks
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Glad it worked out for you. Here’s to a tasty beer!!

ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck