Isolation brewing

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Beer-lord

Re: Isolation brewing

Post by Beer-lord »

I'm totally understanding of the time of shipping with the exception of communication. But these are extraordinary circumstances and I am in no rush at all. I'm glad they have some business.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

BL, did you get your order yet? I understand they might be short staffed now and I think a lot are doing on-line buying me included. I have another order in to morebeer now and has been a week and still says not picked. Nothing I am a hurry for but I use to get stuff from them 2 days after ordering and to my door.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Nope, they shipped it but after FedEx sent me a Saturday delivery date, the next day I got a note that it's not coming until Tuesday but I think that might be FedEx's fault but I don't know for sure.
An order placed on April 9th and I won't get it until April 28th. Welcome to the new normal. :)
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
bpgreen
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by bpgreen »

I have a neighbor who brews. There other day, he told me that the Beer Nut is closed. I checked their website. They're semi closed. They take orders online or on the phone, then let you know when you can pick it up. It's not convenient for me to get there, so that doesn't work well for me.

Fortunately, I have plenty of ingredients on hand.

Don't be this guy

I've read a number of similar articles recently (including one where there author included a hygrometer in his list of equipment that he had from his past brewing attempts).

I know I've increased my brewing after a bit of a hiatus. And I've seen an increase in new members here. I hope people get advice from forums and don't do like this guy and then give up.
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Yeah, I'm brewing small batches every week right to keep the pipeline totally full and increase diversity, so I never need to go out and buy beer.

Less going out is better where I am at right now. I've got enough stuff here to keep going for 2 months as long as I stick to certain styles.
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

I was able to finally get enough distilled water (10 gallons) to brew with. It took trips to 3 different grocery stores to get it, but I’ve got it. A trip to the LHBS today for the ingredients and come Saturday, if the weather holds, I’ll be back in the game.

I was originally going to brew a Dortmunder lager, but I don’t want to wait through the lager period, so I’m going to go with my tried and true Four Point Pale Ale. Looking forward to getting back into the brew house, or brew basement, again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

It's about time, Isolation is over in many places! :o (couldn't resist the jab)
It's also AHA Virtual Brew Day!
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

BL, I am with ya. I had a guy come up to trim my donkey feet yesterday and I probably talked his ear off and he had a beer with me when done, first person I got to talk with in quite a few weeks except for my wife and I talk to my dogs and cats but they don't carry on a good conversation. I will say have been brewing some beer and wine during all this.
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison