What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Vent, Rant, Chat or just talk about whatever is on your mind! Keep it civil though!

Moderators: BlackDuck, Beer-lord, LouieMacGoo, philm00x, gwcr

Beer-lord

Re: What are you brewing/bottling/kegging?

Post by Beer-lord »

I eat jealousy like yours for breakfast! :hammer:
PABs Brewing
Planning
Brew good beer and live a hoppy life
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
(split batch) A Many Stringed Bow
Up Next
Men In Black
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

Bottled my (60) Scotch Ale. Should be good after bike ride recovery drink at ~3%.
Kealia
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by Kealia »

I'm kegging the next batch of Berliner Weiss today.
When it's done, it's done.
BlackDuck

Post by BlackDuck »

Finally brewing again. I’m in the middle of the mash for the session strength Simply Simarillo IPA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ANTLER BREWING
Drinking
#93 - Gerst Amber Ale
Conditioning and Carbing

Fermenting

On Deck
TonyKZ1
Brew Master
Brew Master

Post by TonyKZ1 »

Today I brewed a Beer. Simply Beer Pale Ale 5G Extract w/steeping grains recipe from Midwest Supplies. These recipes are pretty nice, come with most everything you need (dry yeast, priming sugar, etc.), and they're affordable too.
Bailey's Billy Goat Brews
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

5 gallons of "Dandelion Lavender Wit Beer" using up the rest of my home made dandelion candi syrup, and some culinary lavender that I've had laying around, with some ground coriander, a late charge of Calypso hops to add some sweet fruit flavors / aromas. Grain bill was simply 50% Pilsner, 45% Wheat, 5% Oats.

WLP400 starter I am spinning up will be split across 2 fermenters tomorrow after its done slow chilling.
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

Brewday! 6.5ish% IPA with malt base of 31% 2row, 31% Maris otter, 31% pilsen, 7% cara 15L. Magnum for bitter, wataku for flavor and aroma, as well as a bit of hops from the backyard (Perle, I think, but maybe Columbus... but I think Perle) for flavor. S-04 yeast.

ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

Remind me again how many gallons you're doing in that kettle?
Perlay! :)
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
swenocha
Uber Brewer
Uber Brewer

Post by swenocha »

I used to do 3 gallon, but now 5 gallon. I can do any sized 3 gallon batch, but a 5.5 to 6 abv is all I can reasonably do all grain in this setup for 5 gal. So, that's mostly what I brew, but fortunately that's what I normally drink. If I want to go high grav, I have to supplement with extract.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Swenocha is a vast bastard of brewing knowledge - Wings_Fan_In_KC

Fermenting:
nada... zip...

Drinking:
nada... zip... maybe an N/A beer here and there...
John Sand
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by John Sand »

Mashing a Falconer's Flight Pale right now. It's a MoreBeer single hop kit.
Making beer and stew for the Zombie Apocalypse.
Never mind, there it is.
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

Finished mashing a wheat, soon as the grains finish dripping from the sparge, it's boil time. So far I'm liking this grainfather but not liking the connect app. Has some good uses but a pain in the arse for other tasks.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
berryman
Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post by berryman »

FrozenInTime wrote: So far I'm liking this grainfather but not liking the connect app. Has some good uses but a pain in the arse for other tasks.
But you don't have to use it do you? can't you just run it off the screen like a Mash&Boil or robobrew?
Happy Hound Brewery

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
― Thomas A. Edison
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime
FrozenInTime

Post by FrozenInTime »

berryman wrote:
FrozenInTime wrote: So far I'm liking this grainfather but not liking the connect app. Has some good uses but a pain in the arse for other tasks.
But you don't have to use it do you? can't you just run it off the screen like a Mash&Boil or robobrew?
Yes, you can do everything from the controller screen without the phone. Using the phone with it I should say is easy for the most part. I used the phone today and it went awesomely smooth. I control the temp, time, pump-recirculate and sparge from the phone and it works great. On the phone or screen you can set up step mash real easy.
You are supposed to be able to load your recipe, which I have done with 20. Then your suppose to be able to select the recipe with all steps programed in it. Per them, you can do the recipe steps/mash/boil by the recipe, all you have to do is drop in the hops or whatever the recipe calls for when it beeps. When I try to do this session from within the recipe, I get the screen of death. But, it is soo easy to do manually, using the screen or phone. I am really liking this unit even with the app not being 100% cooperative. They are working on the apps so I'm betting they will get it fixed. I would highly recommend this unit, it works great minus the small app problem which really is not much of a problem.
Life is short, live it to it's fullest!
Beer-lord

Post by Beer-lord »

I kegged my Strata-sphere today. Only 13 days in but it was past done. Should have ended at 1.010 but ended at 1.006. Not too dry though.
I have 4 oz of Strata in the boil-1 each at 15 and 10 minutes and 2 oz at a 185 degree, 30 minute whirlpool followed by almost 5 days of 2 oz of dry hops. The aroma does have a hint of weed but the taste is very intriguing.Way too early to tell but the taste was definitely, fresh, tropical citrus. Not sure about the weed on the palate but maybe the nose gets me to taste it.
I can see how this is sold out. This could be my new, favorite hop. I bet it pairs well with others, especially dry hopped with maybe Citra, Idaho 7 and possibly Vic Secret and Mosaic. Heck, probably any of the C hops would do well with it.
I'll keep my eyes open for more but it'll likely not be here until the 2019's come out.
PABs Brewing
Planning
Fermenting

Drinking
Disfucted
Smelly Hops
Up Next
Men In Black
mashani
mashani
mashani

Post by mashani »

If you like the Strata try some Eureka hops sometime. It's similar. Both are awesome with Citra. The Eureka + Citra session IPA I've got in my rotation is one of the best beers I've made this year. It's super juicy but with enough other stuff to keep it interesting.